This is the privacy statement of Riva Groep and its affiliated companies, Wittebrug BV, Wittebrug Lease BV, IKRIJ.NL, Lease2Go BV, Wittebrug Autoschade BV, DAVO Autobedrijven BV, Deurloo Autoschade BV, Valstar Schade BV, Kasco Autoschade BV, Klei Tires BV, Noordzee Services BV, HP Beheer BV and Maja Media B.V. (hereafter: Riva Groep).
Riva Groep values the protection of your personal data. In this privacy statement we provide clear information about how we handle personal data.
We make every effort to ensure your privacy and therefore handle personal data with care. In all cases Riva Groep complies with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation. This implies that we always:
- Process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which they were provided, these goals and type of personal data are described in this privacy statement;
- Process your personal data is limited to only the data that is necessary for the purpose for which it is processed;
- Ask for your express consent if we need it for the processing of your personal data;
- Do not transmit personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the purpose for which it is provided;
- Take appropriate technical and / or organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- Are aware of your rights regarding your personal data, inform you and respect them.
When can we process personal data?
The processing of personal data takes place on the basis of the following principles:
- Execution of an agreement;
- Legal obligation;
- Fulfilling a task of general interest;
- Representing legitimate interests of Riva Groep or of a third party.
Justifiable interests include the security of buildings and grounds, service messages, direct marketing, customer satisfaction and market research.
What do we process personal data for?
Your personal data are processed by Riva Groep for the following purposes:
- Entering into and executing an agreement for buying, leasing, renting, financing, insuring, maintaining and repairing a car, other forms of mobility and related products and services;
- Entering into and executing an employment contract;
- Preventing fraud and criminal offenses;
- Collecting and analyzing surfing behavior for improving websites and giving interest-oriented information;
- Carrying out customer satisfaction and market research;
- Sending service messages about, for example, an APK inspection and winter tires;
- Direct marketing such as newsletters, invitations to events, information about related products and services and winning back former clients;
- Securing locations with camera surveillance;
- Performing statistical and scientific research;
- Compliance with legal obligations such as with recall campaigns.
Depending on the purpose, Riva Groep processes contact details, date of birth, data to determine identity and driving license, financial data, vehicle data such as license plate and location data, number of damage-free years, behavior on websites and social media, login details and / or camera images.
Furnishing to third parties
We may provide the information that you give to us to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the above described purposes. Think of importers and manufacturers, Dienst Wegverkeer (RDW), providers of mobility passes, emergency services, insurance and financing products and web analyses, Warning system ELENA, providers of administrative, communication and invoicing services, software suppliers and parties that we hire to send direct marketing.
We never pass on personal data to parties with whom we have not entered into a processor agreement. We make the necessary agreements with these parties (processors) to ensure the security of your personal data.
Furthermore, we will not provide the information you provide to third parties, unless this is legally required and permitted. An example of this is when the Tax Authorities, the police or a legislator requests (personal) data from us in the context of an investigation. In such a case we must cooperate and are therefore obliged to provide this information.
If we provide personal data to processors in a third country outside the EU, we will do so only if that country, according to the European Commission, guarantees an adequate level of protection or offers the processor appropriate safeguards.
We only process personal data of minors (persons younger than 16 years) if written permission has been given by the parent, or legal representative.
Riva Groep does not store personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or required by law.
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against unlawful processing. Risks in the processing of personal data have been classified by Riva Group on the basis of the probability that an incident occurs and its severity or impact. This risk classification enables Riva Groep to take organizational and technical measures that guarantee an appropriate level of security. This concerns:
- Preventive measures: prevent a threat from leading to a security incident;
- Detective measures: knowing that a security incident has occurred;
- Repressive measures: limiting the negative consequences of the security incident;
- Restoration measures: remedying the negative consequences;
- Corrective measures: repairing the shortcomings in security.
Rights concerning your data
You have the right to inspect, rectify or delete the personal data we have from you. You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or a part thereof) by us or by one of our processors. You also have the right to have the information provided by you transferred by us to yourself or to another party.
We can logically ask you to identify yourself before we can comply with the aforementioned requests. You can send your request to email@example.com.
Questions, comments and complaints
If you have a question, comment or complaint about the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us about this. If you do not agree with our handling, you may also contact or file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority, the supervisory authority in the field of privacy.
As Riva Groep we are responsible for the processing of your personal data. If, after reading our privacy statement, or in a more general sense, you have questions about this or wish to contact us, please contact us via the following contact details:
2491 BC The Hague
Phone: 070 850 2962
This version of the privacy statement is dated 3 May 2018. Riva Groep reserves the right to make changes to this privacy statement. We advise you to consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are always aware of the content of the applicable privacy statement.